Jyrki Katainen, Prime Minister
The Prime Minister’s Office is headed by the Prime Minister.
Alexander Stubb, Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade
Minister Stubb is responsible for matters covered by the Government Secretariat for EU Affairs, excluding matters related to the European Council, amendments to the Treaties establishing the European Union and appointments related to the European Union that fall within the mandate of the Prime Minister's Office.
Heidi Hautala, Minister for International Development
Minister Hautala handles matters covered by the Ownership Steering Department.
Olli-Pekka Heinonen, State Secretary
The duties of State Secretary appointed for the duration of the Prime Minister’s term of office are, as the Prime Minister’s closest aide, to:
1) promote and monitor the implementation of the Government Programme;
2) direct preparatory work on different matters as aide to the Prime Minister;
3) ensure cooperation with other ministries;
4) deal with matters delegated to him/her by the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister may require the State Secretary to stand in for him/her in duties related to preparatory work. The State Secretary coordinates cooperation among the special advisers and state secretaries to the Prime Minister and other Ministers.
Timo Lankinen, Permanent State Under-Secretary
The duties of the Permanent State Under-Secretary are to direct and monitor the work of the Prime Minister's Office and, in this capacity, to:
1) assume responsibility for the smooth running of the Prime Minister's Office and ensure that the duties assigned to the Office are managed productively;
2) ensure the quality of law drafting at the Prime Minister's Office;
3) assume responsibility for preparatory work on the objectives of the Prime Minister's Office and monitor their implementation;
4) direct and develop human resource management and other aspects of internal administration;
5) assume responsibility for coordination of preparatory work by public servants within the Prime Minister's Office;
6) act as rapporteur in the government formation process: and
7) ensure the overall security and preparedness of the Prime Minister's Office.
The Permanent State Under-Secretary carries out the designated duties under the State Secretary appointed for the duration of the Prime Minister’s term of office.