The Council of Regulatory Impact Analysis will examine the economic impact assessment of government proposals, and possibly other areas of impacts that have been evaluated.
The statement provides an analysis of whether the government proposal includes an adequate description of the main objectives, intended impacts, change mechanisms, and estimated costs and benefits (households, businesses, public finances, national economy). The statement also analyses whether the justifications of the government proposal are sustainable and transparent in terms of adequate knowledge-base.
- Have the main costs and benefits been identified?
- Has the allocation of costs and benefits been described?
- Have the main impact mechanisms and channels been described?
- Has the total magnitude of costs and benefits been described?
- Have possible factors of uncertainty been included in the assessment?