User's rights and requests for personal data
When you want to know what data we store about you and who processes your data, you can check the data we have collected about you and update it, if necessary.
More information about service users' rights
You can submit a request to check your personal data and receive information on all your personal data stored in the services of the Ministry by completing the information request form and sending it to us.
Please fill in the personal and other data requested on the form so that we can provide you with the personal data that has been stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. You can send the request for information electronically as an encrypted message using our secure email service.
To use the secure email service, you will first need to register your email address. You will then be sent a link that you can use to access the service. In the service, you can add content and attachments to your message so that it will be encrypted appropriately.
To use the secure email service, follow these steps:
- In your browser, go to the secure email service registration page. You can choose the language of the user interface from the menu at the top right.
- Enter your email address in the ‘From’ field and click ‘Continue’.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button. The service will notify you that your address has been registered. You may now close your browser.
- A message with an authentication link will be sent to your email address. Once you have authenticated your email address, you will be able to send secure messages.
You can also print the completed information request form and send it to the Ministry’s registry office by mail or deliver it in person to the Ritarikatu service point.
PO Box 23, FI-00023 Government, Finland
Office: Ritarikatu 2 B, Helsinki
Opening hours Mon–Fri 7.30–16.15
Service users’ rights
- The right to check your own data
You can request to have access to your personal data stored in the service by filling in a printable form and sending it to the registry office of the Prime Minister’s Office. You can also request information from the registry office of the Prime Minister’s Office by email.
- Rectifying or supplementing the data
If you notice shortcomings or errors in your data, you can ask that they be corrected. In such cases, we ask you to tell us what information is incorrect and how and why it should be changed, or tell us what information should be supplemented and in what way.
- Restriction of processing
If you have indicated that your data is incorrect, you have the right to request that its processing is restricted until the accuracy of the data is verified.
- Withdrawal of consent to use the data
You can ask the Ministry in writing to erase your data from the service. The right to have data erased, laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation, does not apply when the processing of personal data is essential for managing the Ministry’s statutory duties. You can delete your subscription data yourself whenever you want to by cancelling your subscription using the link provided in every email message sent.
- Appeal or complaint concerning the processing of personal data
If necessary, you may lodge an appeal or complaint concerning the processing of your data with the Data Protection Ombudsman.