Government Foresight Group
The Government Foresight Group is an expert group that supports the Government’s foresight activities and the work of the National Foresight Network. Its members are experts in foresight and futures work and represent both producers and users of foresight data. The main objective of the expert group is to develop and strengthen the links between foresight activities and decision-making processes.
The Government Foresight Group serves as an advisory body in the preparation of the Government Report on the Future and the ministries’ futures reviews. The Government Foresight Group also supports national foresight cooperation and promotes development and public awareness of foresight work at the national level.
The composition of the Government Foresight Group 2020–2023
- Secretary Henrik Haapajärvi, Prime Minister's Office, chairman
- Chief Senior Specialist Jaana Tapanainen-Thiess, Prime Minister's Office, Secretary General
- Professor Toni Ahlqvist, Finland Futures Research Centre, University of Turku
- University Lecturer Jenni Airaksinen, Faculty of Management, Tampere university
- Committee Counsel Olli Hietanen, Committee for the Future, Parliament of Finland
- Academy Secretary Jaakko Kuosmanen, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
- Development Director Petri Räsänen, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Professor Ahti Salo, Aalto University
- Head of EU Affairs Leena Sarvaranta, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Secretary General Petri Toivonen, Secretariat of the Security Committee
- Director Katri Vataja, Sitra
Photo: Mikko Huotari / Visit Finland