The Government Communications Department is responsible for the communications of the Prime Minister and Government and for the external communications of the Prime Minister’s Office. The Communications Department coordinates and develops the government’s strategy and the external communications of the ministries.
The Government Communications Department harmonises the communications of the central government, particularly in emergency situations, and coordinates the government’s communications related to the EU.
Where to find us
- Government and ministry news and events, webcasts of press conferences, government decisions and projects: government.fi
- Information on the activities of the Prime Minister's Office: vnk.fi
- Government media service: media.valtioneuvosto.fi
- Government and ministry news on Twitter: @valtioneuvosto
- Topical events on YouTube: YouTube
- Press photos: Flickr
- Government activities in pictures: Instagram
- Photos of people and premises: Government image bank
- Topical events and projects at the Prime Minister’s Office Facebook