The Government Communications Department, under the lead of the Prime Minister, is responsible for the Government’s joint communications and for coordinating the external communications of the ministries and the central government. The Government Communications Department is also responsible for the external communications of the Prime Minister’s Office, and supports the departments and projects of the Prime Minister’s Office in managing their communications.
Values that guide communications are set out in the Government Communications Guidelines. These values are openness, reliability, impartiality, intelligibility, interactivity and service-mindedness.
The Government Communications Department is responsible for
- communications of the Prime Minister and the Government, and other ministers working in the Prime Minister’s Office
- communications related to presidential sessions, government sessions and ministerial committees
- communications related to informal government meetings and government evening sessions
- European Union communications
- communications related to travel abroad by the Prime Minister, and to events and international visits
- coordination and development of the Government’s crisis communications
- external communications of the Prime Minister’s Office
- provision and development of the Government’s online services
- management and maintenance of the Government’s social media channels
- maintenance and development of the Government’s visual identity
- preparation for information influence activities within the Government and coordination of responses to such activities
- provision of instructions and training to develop central government communications.
Where to find us
Päivi Paasikoski, Director General
Prime Minister's Office, Communications Department Telephone:0295160136