Companies owned by the State
The tables below list the State’s holdings in the various companies and the authorisations given by Parliament to the Government to broaden the ownership base.
The companies are divided into listed companies, non-listed commercial companies, and companies entrusted with special assignments.
State shareholdings and parliamentary authorisations on 28th of November 2023
|Listed companies Sort the table ascending by the column||Exercise of shareholder control Sort the table ascending by the column||Group Sort the table ascending by the column||State shareholding Sort the table ascending by the column||Minimum level for state interest Sort the table ascending by the column|
Non-listed commercial companies
|Non-listed commercial companies Sort the table ascending by the column||Exercise of shareholder control Sort the table ascending by the column||Group Sort the table ascending by the column||State shareholding Sort the table ascending by the column||Minimum level for state interest Sort the table ascending by the column|
|Boreal Plant Breeding||VNK||1b||65.00%||50.10%|
|Finnish Seed Potato Centre||VNK||1b||22.00%||0.00%|
|Mint of Finland||VNK||1a||100.00%||0.00%|
|Suomen Lauttaliikenne Finferries||VNK||1b||100.00%||100.00%|
Companies entrusted with special state assignments
1) 8.31 per cent of Neste Corporation’s shares are in Ilmastorahasto's balance sheet.
2) National Emergency Supply Agency 16.24 per cent.
3) Direct state ownership 26.5 per cent of the shares and 50.2 percent of the voting rights. The rest of the shares are owned by Gasonia Oy, a wholly state-owned special assignment company.
4) Changes in ownership require the approval of the shareholder agreement.
5) In receivership.
6) Ownership steering by Business Finland.
7) Ownership steering by Opetushallitus.
8) Including 10,3 % owned by Finavia Plc.
9) The State holds one series V share, which confers the rights specified in the articles of association and the shareholder agreement.
LVM = Ministry of Transport and Communications
OKM = Ministry of Education and Culture
STM = Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
TEM = Ministry of Employment and the Economy
UM = Ministry for Foreign Affairs
VM = Ministry of Finance
VNK = Ownership Steering Department in the Prime Minister’s Office
YM = Ministry of the Environment
Company Group 1a: The State as an owner has only or almost exclusively a strong shareholder interest.
Company Group 1b: Besides a strong shareholder interest, the company is connected with strategic interests owing to which the State is to remain so far a strong shareholder or to safeguard in other ways the strategic interests concerned, if the shareholding is reduced or relinquished.
Company Group 2: The State as an owner has a special interest related to regulation or official duties: the company has an industrial, societal or other political mission defined by the State or some other special role.