The whole of Government will take into use a single ‘@gov.fi’ suffix in stages
The whole of Government is switching to a single ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix in stages. This means that the email addresses of all ministries’ staff will change.
Once the transition is complete, the email addresses of staff members will mainly be in the format [email protected] The email addresses of employees in tasks requiring a high level of security will have the suffix ‘@govsec.fi’. After the change, their email addresses will be in the format [email protected] (Government Security Network or TUVE email addresses).
The ministries’ general email addresses, such as the addresses of the registries, will also change.
Emails sent to the old email addresses will still reach their recipients for the next two years. The change will not affect the website addresses of the ministries. They will remain the same.
Schedule for adopting the new email suffix
- The Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of Justice adopted the ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix on 23 August 2021.
- The Ministry of Transport and Communications, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the Ministry of Education and Culture, the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of the Environment adopted the ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix on 6 September 2021.
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, the Ministry of Finance and the Office of the Chancellor of Justice adopted the ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix on 20 September 2021.
- The Ministry of the Interior adopted the ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix on 1 January 2023.
- The Foreign Service will adopt the ‘@gov.fi’ email suffix during spring 2023.